Welcome to the Funamals Blog


Welcome to the Funamals Blog
Funamals is a company that represents the whimsical artwork of Amy DeCaussin.

Monday, June 25, 2012

A Huge Honor...

Well I went to "Shine 2," a state wide portfolio review and competition for children's book illustrators.  (Writer's attended too, but they had their own conference).  The conference was ran by SCBWI, or the Society of Children's Book Writer's and Illustrators and held in Lansing, Michigan.  A panelist of judges, successfully published illustrators, Cyd Moore, Wendy Anderson Halperin and Aaron Zenz reviewed each portfolio.  There was a ton of talent and the feedback was wonderful.  I took LOTS of notes!

At the end they announced the winner of the illustration competition "Illustration Idol."  The winner was Bradley Cooper who received a one year mentorship with Wendy Anderson Halperin.   I received 1st runner up!  I will be getting a one hour session with Wendy to discuss my work and the future of my career!  I'm so honored to receive this award and very excited to work with Wendy.  I will be in the studio all this week working on applying all of the feedback I received at the conference.
Wendy Anderson Halperin, Amy Hofacker & Ryan Hipp


No comments:

Post a Comment